When you put all the tactics together, you have a plan.
Home improvement businesses are always looking for new and better ways to increase lead generation. Sometimes it is not a matter of a new and better way. It is often a matter of utilizing a full range of tried and true ways.
One of the main reasons businesses look for new and better is that they are looking for less expensive ways. Less expensive is fine, and Keyword Connects is always trying to help with that. But “less expensive” without “more effective” is a waste of money in any amount.
12 Simple, Effective Home Improvement Lead Generation Tactics
At the end of this list, we’re going to reveal the Big Lebowski – the strategy that maximizes the effectiveness of every single one of these tactics. Please, be patient. Don’t read ahead, or you may miss something critical along the way.
1. Be where your customers are. Kind of makes sense doesn’t it? It works better when you are fishing if you go where the fish are. You may not land the big one, but you’ll land a lot more. Get on social media and mobile. Optimize your online presence.
2. Share the news. Use press releases as a vehicle to shamelessly advertise your business.
3. Flaunt your expertise. You can do this with a blog, a column in your local newspaper, or a weekly, five-minute demo on a local TV morning or midday show. Get a regular spot on a local radio talk show.
4. Sponsor something. A little league team, a Cruise Night, a Chamber of Commerce event.
Cast your bread upon the water and it will come back to you.
5. Volunteer. Habitat for Humanity and other charitable organizations need skilled volunteers. Be a part of it. Some of the people you work with and for may become your customers.
6. Join a local service club. The Rotary Club was founded for the express purpose of networking. You’ll meet bankers, realtors, insurance brokers, mortgage lenders, restauranteurs, retailers, educators, funeral directors and local politicians – all of whom may become your customers or will recommend you to their friends. (A word of caution: Don’t waste time schmoozing with the funeral director. The reason should be obvious.)
7. Use variable data printing. Commercial printers who have gone digital have the ability to personalize every mailing to each person on your list, not only with their name and address but with photos of their neighborhood or even their home.
8. Offer onsite How-To classes. This may seem like it is at cross-purposes to your business, but the lasting after effect could have a much more positive outcome than you might ever imagine.
Financing will help them make that fixer-upper dream come true.
9. Offer financing options. Build a relationship with local bankers and online lending services that allow you to offer extended payment plans that make remodeling affordable.
10. Keep in touch. No customer should become a past client. Utilize email and text messaging to maintain contact. They won’t need you to remodel the bathroom again, but they may want you to replace their siding. Most importantly, when they show people the work you have done, they are generating new leads for your business.
11. Incentivize your customers for referrals. Offer them a sizable discount on their next remodeling job, a gift card, or even cash.
12. Sign up with Keyword Connects. You pay only for exclusive, qualified leads delivered when they are hot.
You’ve Arrived at the Big Lebowski
What are you doing here? Didn’t we tell you to read the whole article first? Go back and read it! You’ll eventually end up here.
Assuming that you arrived at this point legitimately, the Big Lebowski is this: Don’t employ just one or two of these tactics. Do them all. There is nothing on the list that is a time waster or a budget killer. Put them all together and discover a whole new world of powerful lead generation.
In fact, contact us and let us show you why Keyword Connects is the best idea on the list.