Have you ever walked into a house for an estimate, only to discover that the homeowner has attempted to start their project on their own? If you haven’t yet, you will. Because these days, everyone wants to fix their problems themselves.
There are just certain situations where you need a professional. That goes for home improvement. And it goes for online marketing in home improvement. Let’s face it, anyone can launch an AdWords campaign in Google. But not everyone can be successful, and even fewer can be successful and spend marketing dollars for maximum effect.
That’s why hiring a specialist in home improvement makes sense. For your home improvement business, would you choose an online marketer who has done travel, medical, financial and healthcare marketing? Or someone who has done dozens of window replacement, HVAC, bathroom remodeling or cabinet refacing campaigns?
The answer is obvious. The details of a good home improvement campaign are important to understand if you’re going to be successful. Here are a few reasons why you should trust your campaigns to a professional, rather than going rogue.
- Return on Investment. AdWords specialists can help you select the best keywords for your budget and know how to proactively manage spend so you get the most out of your money.
- Inside Information. A specialist likely has experience from hundreds of campaigns, and can aggregate data to help your campaign.
- Higher Quality Score. Your quality score helps you show up in the search results – and a specialist can make sure your score is as high as possible – which also brings your media costs down.
- Visible Results. Your specialist can track your campaign’s metrics and run reports that will give you a sense of what works, what doesn’t, and where you can improve.
- Google-Approved Best Practices. Google requires advertisers to play by a certain set of rules. People who exclusively work in home improvement stay up-to-date on best practices and can head-off costly changes in the advertising landscape.
While it’s true that you can set up an online marketing campaign yourself, getting the most out of your investment requires daily effort as well as long-term thinking. The features are complex and multi-faceted; skipping a single step can result in a misfire.
In the long run, you’re going to get the most out of your money by hiring a specialist who knows home improvement inside and out…not someone who’s just trying to learn the game.