Email. We all use it every day. Moreover, we’re all the target of today’s email marketing, both good and bad. But what makes email successful for home improvement companies?
If you’re not already doing so, you should consider email marketing for 2017 to connect with homeowners considering home improvement projects.
Constant Contact is a leading email marketing platform for small businesses. They offer some great advice to make email marketing work. Here’s my own two cents on your email marketing opportunity:
1. Who’s reading your emails? Take a look at your email analytics, and determine who is opening your e-mails. This will tell you which of your recipients actively engage with what you’re telling them.
Then, send a follow-up email to those contacts and make them an offer to move forward with your company. Your offer might take the form of a discount if they contact you back by a specific date.
2. Content is king. Your click-through rate is the percentage of email recipients that click on your email to learn more, respond to your offer, etc. Comparing your click-through rates across emails will guide you on what topics and content resonate most with your recipients. You can in turn send them more material geared to their specific area of interest.
3. Timing is everything. If your prospects don’t open your email, you’re not getting your message through.
Determine when your recipients actually open your emails, and schedule them to arrive when your recipients are most likely to open them.
4. Embrace smartphones. Know that more homeowners are reading their email on mobile devices, i.e. smartphones. Use a mobile-friendly template for your e-mails, to ensure your recipients’ experience is optimal and effective, regardless of the size of their screens.
5. Learn from the past. As you assess the performance of your email efforts, you’ll likely find areas for improvement. Determine what results you want to bolster, and know that achieving that improvement is an iterative process.
For example, to improve your open rate, find the best time of day to send your emails. Also, write a compelling subject line so your emails stand out to your recipients. To improve your click-through rate, craft a strong, clear call-to-action for your audience.
Please consider these as you look to kick-start or improve your email marketing efforts. Just make sure you track your email efforts against a set of clear lead generation goals from the outset to stay on a path of continuous improvement.